Strategic Decision-Making & Problem Solving
A strategic purchasing group works in a very complex business environment. The range of functions include synergizing resources to lower costs, partnering with suppliers to advance technology, preparing for unexpect- ed disruptions in supply chain and controlling crisis when necessary. To be effective, buyers need to approach problems from a strategic perspective that takes into account stakeholders at all levels, encourages creative option building and provides an effective way of valuing options based on both long- and short-term goals. This ultimately allows a well-run procurement group to convert ideas into action.
Proactively Address Problems, Prevent Emergencies
Our interactive Strategic Decision-Making and Problem Solving seminar prepares your team to proactively address and solve problems before they become emergencies. Designed to be highly interactive, our course provides a model of strategic problem solving and also gives your team the opportunity to test and apply the model to a real-life strategic sourcing scenario customized specifically for your group.
Strategy, Decision-making and Problem Solving Skills
- The Importance of Goal-Setting to Achieve Vision
- How to Set a Measurable Goal
- How to Pinpoint the Underlying Problem
- Taking an Interest-Based Approach to Problem-Solving
- Identifying and Developing Creative Options to Solve Problems
- Using Strategic Criteria to Evaluate Solutions
- Developing a Plan
- Taking Action and Executing Plans Effectively
- How to Learn from Your Mistakes
Interactive Group Exercises and Simulations
- Goal-setting and problem identification exercises, designed to teach, challenge and engage participants
- Strategic sourcing case study designed to help participants apply skills directly to their immediate work
The Strategic Decision-Making and Problem Solving course can also be run alongside the Teamwork and Internal Communication course as a two-day program.
Prism Learning’s Customization Process
You can choose a specific program to meet your immediate training need or partner with us to establish a comprehensive, customized curriculum that enhances the skills of your procurement organization and supports your overall strategy.
The Prism Learning Difference
Taught to groups ranging from Boards of Directors of Fortune 500 companies to summer associate classes at law firms to a variety of pro bono clients, our on-site training programs offer several advantages.
What Makes Our Programs Different Customization
- We develop and build the training around your needs and learning objectives.
- Our experienced facilitators deliver interactive programs designed to help participants become more skilled and effective in their roles.
Building Block Curriculum
- Designed to be highly interactive, we offer a series of programs that build on each other.
- They can be delivered as standalone training or combined to support your overall business and training objectives.
- Our consultants provide participants with their direct contact details so they can be contacted for follow-up questions after the training is over.
- We provide this service free of charge.
What Makes Prism Learning Different Experience & Results
- We have worked on over US $150 billion worth of transactions and know what works from experience.
- Our programs create on average US $8.8 million in value and we continuously review our training content for effectiveness.
- We have provided training for clients across six continents in nine different languages.
- In an increasingly global business environment, we offer real-world experience to help address challenges.
- A significant percentage of our profits are donated to reputable charities every year.
- We regularly engage in pro-bono work for non-profit organizations.