Elements of Contracts
Purchasing groups negotiate for more than simply price, and they receive more than just products and services in exchange. A buyer must also know how to negotiate the more nuanced subjects of a contract, including terms and conditions that change the value of a deal. A successful buyer must be familiar with how payment terms, liability clauses, deadlines, insurance requirements and more can mean the difference between a success and a failure in negotiation. Like all of our programs, Elements of Contracts is customized to your specific purchasing group’s needs and designed to be highly interactive, allowing the participants to apply the skills we teach in scenarios relevant to your situation.
Maximizing Value in Terms and Conditions
Our half-day program focuses on the key elements of successful contracts negotiations. We examine key topics such as how to use an agenda effectively to your advantage and the best order to discuss the different terms you’re negotiating.
- Using an Agenda Effectively
- Determining the Order for Discussing the Different Terms
- Payment Terms and Creative Solutions Around Cash-flow
- It’s about the Money
- It’s NOT all About the Money
- Penalty, Liability and Liquidated Damages Provisions
- Insurance Requirements
- Issues of Intellectual Property and Confidentiality
- Deadlines, Timelines and SLAs
Prism Learning’s Customization Process
You can choose a specific program to meet your immediate training need or partner with us to establish a comprehensive, customized curriculum that enhances the skills of your procurement organization and supports your overall strategy.
The Prism Learning Difference
Taught to groups ranging from Boards of Directors of Fortune 500 companies to summer associate classes at law firms to a variety of pro bono clients, our on-site training programs offer several advantages.
What Makes Our Programs Different Customization
- We develop and build the training around your needs and learning objectives.
- Our experienced facilitators deliver interactive programs designed to help participants become more skilled and effective in their roles.
Building Block Curriculum
- Designed to be highly interactive, we offer a series of programs that build on each other.
- They can be delivered as standalone training or combined to support your overall business and training objectives.
- Our consultants provide participants with their direct contact details so they can be contacted for follow-up questions after the training is over.
- We provide this service free of charge.
What Makes Prism Learning Different Experience & Results
- We have worked on over US $150 billion worth of transactions and know what works from experience.
- Our programs create on average US $8.8 million in value and we continuously review our training content for effectiveness.
- We have provided training for clients across six continents in nine different languages.
- In an increasingly global business environment, we offer real-world experience to help address challenges.
- A significant percentage of our profits are donated to reputable charities every year.
- We regularly engage in pro-bono work for non-profit organizations.